JOBS
1. Listen to this audio: My Job is Special.
2. Pick two questions from the list below and answer them. Use present simple. Give long answers.
3. Say why that is your opinion.
4. Comment on one of your classmate's entry.
5. If your entry is commented, do not forget to answer back.


1. Is it easy or difficult to find a job?
ReplyDeleteI think that it´s difficult, because many people are unemployed, so it´s like a competition and the economy of the country is not the best to give a job to all of them.
2. Is money the only reason that people have jobs?
Money is an important reason, but it is not the only one. The people how get a job can feel satisfy with themself, they can contribute with the society and enjoy their job, if it is something that they like to do.
Hi Melany It’s so true, it’s very difficult find job because actually labor demand of Costa Rica is so low. For this reason it is important to study and finish the university.
Delete1) It is better to work inside or outside? Why?
ReplyDeleteI think that both are good, but I prefer to work outside, because I can breath fresh air, and do not stay in front of a computer all the day.
2) Should children go to work? Why/ Why not?
I think that everyone need to have a job, just to feel how hard is to get money without any studies. Maybe if a kid has a job, change their mind, and try to study, just to get a better job.
I agree with you, I feel that fresh air is the best and you can be less stressful,
DeleteAnd about your other opinion... I think that kids should have not necessarily a job, but they need responsabilities to learn the value of the things.
1) What are three jobs with high salaries?
ReplyDeleteI think that,jobs like doctor, engineer and lawyer has high salaries, because, they need a lot years of study in the university and they work extra hours that are well paid.
2) What are three dangerous jobs?
Jobs like police,
firefighter are dangerous because they risk their life for help other people. Other work dangerous are
electrical technician because they run danger when they work with high voltages.
I agree with you regarding people with dangerous jobs, for example, the electrical technician because these people are often at incredible heights and is very dangerous and of course work with high voltage.
DeleteExactly Fanny, the electrical technician is in danger every day.
DeleteI agree with you, Line, doctors can have a lot of money and their salary is very high.
DeleteIs it easy or difficult to find a job?
ReplyDeleteYes, it is difficult to get a job, because companies request experience to people who are finishing their studies.
Also in some jobs they ask for skills that people don't fulfill and that's why they don't get it.
What are three jobs with low salaries?
One of them is working in a pineapple company or banana factory.
Due to their labor exploitation, they usually work up to 12 hours in the sun with a salary below the minimum,
the second is in textile companies, people who work in them usually spend many hours inside the factory, doing their work receiving little money in exchange for them, the third is the people who work driving a trailer or buses, since they work many hours driving with very little time to feed, and receiving a very low amount of money.
Regarding the current difficulty of finding a job, I agree, because as you mentioned, companies ask people for experience that at least in a young person who has been entering the labor field, they will not be able to have.
DeleteOf course Isora, it is very difficult to find job, for this reason.
DeleteWhat job would you hate to have?
ReplyDeleteA job I would hate should be a job with children because I´m not a patient person and I have nephews and niece and I see how difficult it´s to care for and educate them. I have also observed teachers and it´s not easy to teach children. Finally, I don´t hate the work of the teachers but I would not be a good teacher.
Is it easy or difficult to find a job?
I think it´s difficult to find a job at this time because the requirements are too many and the main requirement is at least the second language, but other jobs even look for people who drive 3 or more languages, this is essential and many people don´t know another language than Spanish.
I think the same way! I would hate to work with children. You need to be really patient and there's a lot of responsability.
DeleteYes, it`s a lot of responsibility and requires patience.
DeleteI am agree with you, the kids are noisy and they have a wonderful capacity to make problems
Delete1) What job would you hate to have?
ReplyDeleteI would hate to work as as a saleswoman, because I 'm not good at talking to people I do not know at talking to people I do not know and being offering to strangers who buy me for a salary I would not like. In addition, although there are friendly people, it will always be time to serve someone grumpy and uneducated that what you can do is humiliate one.
2) Is it easy or difficult to find a job?
I think it's difficult as the number of unemployed people is increasing and the number of professionals in each area is increasing, which means that there is more and more competition. In addition, in the case of people who have no experience this is a difficulty, because mostly in the work a number of years of experience is requested.
Hello, I agree with your comment because there is a lot of saturation in the different types of jobs, and there are many people trying to get a job
DeleteHello, thanks for agreeing. It is a situation that cannot be denied, hopefully it can be changed.
DeleteIs it easy or difficult to find a job?
ReplyDeleteI think it is difficult to find work because the labor demand in Costa Rica is very saturated and there are many people looking for employment.
Is it better to work inside or outside? Why?
It's much better for me to work outside because you don't feel locked up and you can move more freely, you don't have to sit in an office
Hi Lorenzo I agree with you, because currently the labor demand of Costa Rica is very low. For this reason it is important to study scientific careers.
DeleteHi Line, if this is a big problem for C.R, and as you say, we should study other types of careers
DeleteAs you, i think it’s much better to work outside, i feel better that way
DeleteIf Fabian is much better to work outside
DeleteA. Is it easy or difficult to find a job? Why?
ReplyDeleteIs difficult to find a job because in many countries the job offer is low and most of the available jobs aren´t wanted by the unemployed
B. Is it better to work inside or outside? Why?
Well, both have benefits and drawbacks. Work outside can be very relaxed and you can visit differents places but if the weather is bad or the sun shines strong work outside is very difficult and uncomfortable. If you work inside, may be very comfortable and the weather condition doesn't affect in the work but if the space is messy or if you're there for a long time you will be tired and get stressful. That's my opinion.
Hi Andrés, I feel the same, about what is very difficult find job, more in Costa Rica, actually the job offer in Costa Rica is so low.
DeleteHi! Yes, it's difficult and competition is high.
DeleteWhat are three jobs with high salary?
ReplyDeleteThey are: General Surgeon they earn 252.000 dolars per year, anesthetist it would be the one who get more pay,they earn 269.000 dolars per year and the last one are cardiologists they earn 29.6 thousands dolars per month.
Should children got to work?
I think they should work since they are young that would give them an idead of what they would like or not to work in the future, and also it will give them more knowledge.
Is it easy or difficult to find a job? Why?
ReplyDeleteIt depends. Some jobs have a lot of requirements including a college degree. Other jobs have less requirements and more people can apply for it. However there´s a lot of competition when getting a job, it doesn’t matter if it has a lot of requirements or not, you’ll always find someone that wants the same job as you. So I’ll say yes, it’s difficult to find a job.
Is it better to work inside or outside? Why?
I think everyone have their own preferences but for me working inside is better than working outside. If you work inside you don’t have to worry about the rain or the sun. And if your workplace is temperate you also don’t have to worry about the heat or cold.
I agree. The labor supply exceeds demand and most of the jobs have many requirements. I prefer to work inside, too
DeleteWorking outside must be exciting but I still prefer being inside
Delete1) Is it more fin to be a student the to have a job?
ReplyDeleteI think being a student is more fun than having a bob, because student have more free time for recreational activities, and at work you can have more money, but you don't have less time to use it
2) What are three dangerous jobs?
Three jobs that I considero dangerous are to be a firefighter, scientist and soldier, because of the danger of diré, weapons, bombs and chemical sustances, and that most of the time their lives are at risk
It depends in your job.
DeleteTo be a scientist do not seem dangerous to me.
I agree with you, it is much more fun to be a student than to have a job because while you study you can go out with your friends and enjoy youth, on the other hand, I consider that having a job you can not enjoy all day to day.
DeleteAnd I think you're right about dangerous jobs, but there is one that almost nobody comments and is a cabinetmaker, cabinetmakers always risk their hands or eyes while they work, because the machinery can leave them manic, one-eyed or blind.
What are 3 jobs wuth low salaries?
ReplyDeleteWell there are a lot but rigth now u would think about, a janitor, teacher and farmer.
Is it easy or difficult to find a job? Why?
It is difficult, today we have a lot of unemployed people in CR and most of jobs are not liked by the workers.
It´s a shame there is a lot of unemployed people in Costa Rica but I think that it depends a lot of the carreer of the person and the job, because there are some jobs with lot of demand in the market and others that are not.
Delete
ReplyDeleteWhat are three dangerous jobs?
Firefighter is the number one dangerous job because, it helps save lives between fire in houses and other places. Another dangerous job is
clean windows in height because it is a job that is done in very high buildings and are in danger of falling and death.
Last but not least, he is a police officer, he helps a town of bad people and they are in danger of dying trying to save good people.
Is money the only reason people to have work?
ReplyDeleteIn i think that in Costa Rica is the most important reason for to have a work, for have a one pretty life and good life, but the money is not the only one reason for choose the job also one important reason is the how is the life professional in this work.
I completely agree with you. Unfortunately the money becomes to be the almost only one reason to choose a job, and that's because almost we need to have have to be bought with money. I think would be amazing if we could choose a job just because that's what really make us happy.
Delete1) Is money the only reason that people have jobs?
ReplyDeleteI think that it depends of the context of the person, because first of all not everyone have the opportunity to study, so they have to work only for the money and sometimes is a hard job but they have to do it to survive.
Then, some people that can study also think about the money when they choose career, but not everyone. In my personal case I study to learn about things that I really like but also to have a good job and live well in this country because every time is more expensive and difficult to live. So, some jobs are to learn but also to earn money.
2)What are three jobs with high salaries?
Three jobs that I think that earn high salaries in this country are: Doctors, Engineers and politicians. It depends of every person but normally people with this jobs are very wealthy.
What job would you hate to have?
ReplyDeleteI probably hate a office job, because I am the type of person that hates stay in the same place all the day doing the same things, in fact I prefer a outdoor job
Is it easy or difficult to find a job?
Itis relative, all depends in your capacities and how you have made your C.V., in my personal experience it is easy, you only have to meet the correct people.
I think the same as you, I prefer an outdoor job too, I can't stand being in an office all day long.
Deleteyes!!, an outdoor job is better
Delete1) Is it better to work inside or outside? Why?
ReplyDeleteI think it is better to work inside, because you do not have to worry about the climatic changes that may occur and more if we are in Costa Rica because the weather is almost unpredictable.
2) Is money the only reason that people have jobs?
I think so, because money moves the world, all we do is for money, we need food, we need clothes, we need a house, and all this is achieved, with money. If everything in this life was free, I am sure that everyone would like to enjoy their life and be happy instead of being enslaved by the money that makes them leave their families, their dreams and their goals, just because the money does not achieves. That's why I think the reason for working is to have money.
1) What job would you hate to have?
ReplyDeleteI'm my opinion every job is important and have a reason to be. However, I also think there are different jobs for everybody. For me, the idea to work around people, by calls or something related to the customer service is not so good, because I believe that to have that kind of jobs you need to have special skills that I don't have.
2) Three dangerous jobs:
I think that be a police office, a firefighter or a builder could be really dangerous if you are no enoght prepared.
1) Is it easy or difficult to find a job?
ReplyDeleteI think it’s difficult because for example in Costa Rica there is many unemployed people and there aren't too much places or companies that offers work for they
2) What are three dangerous works?
I think being a firefighter or a police can be a dangerous work, they try to gets out the fire or in case of a police, have to fight with criminals. maybe work in a construction can be so dangerous as that works that i mencioned, if someone falls from a high place can die
I agree with you. I don't think it's going to be easy to find a job and your answer gives a perfect example of the situation right now in our country. Also I never considered working in a construction as a dangerous job but you are right.
DeleteHi Maria, maybe everybody think that way, we all know about the difficult situation Costa Rica it’s on
Delete1) What job would you hate to have?
ReplyDeleteI don't think hate would be the right word to use but I think
I could never work as a school teacher. I am not saying that it is a bad job, actually I think being a teacher it's one of the most important jobs out there. But it requires a special cuality that I don't have, and it is that you have to be really patient. And also I am not really good with kids. So I think at one point i would start really hating it.
2) Is it better to work inside or outside?
This answer is really going to depend on everyone's own perspective but I personally prefer to work inside than outside. Maybe for some people working inside can become a little boring but I prefer it anyway. I think I like it because for me it is more comfortable than being outside, and also because I am studying Computer Engineering so my options are a little limited because I would probably will end up working inside.
1. Is it easy or difficult to find a job?
ReplyDeleteDepend what profession people study, actually in many countries some profession have much demand, but in other case some profession have a low demand, in Costa Rica for example, Doctors market it’s very saturated
2. What are three dangerous jobs?
I think how dangerous jobs, fireman, policeman, electrical technician, for example, fireman and police man they risk their life for help others, and electrical technician work with high voltage.
1. Is it better to work inside or outside?
ReplyDeleteI think it's better to work inside, because a lot of people who work in the office sitting in a desk every day for a lot of years, over time they will get health problems such as carpal tunnel syndrome.
2. What job would you hate to have?
I'll hate to be a pilot, I think it's an amazing job but I couldn't work with the idea that I have the life of hundreds of people in my hands, and also I wanna have kids, so if I become a pilot, I will be away from them for a lot of days.
Is it easy or difficult to find a job?
ReplyDeleteI think is very difficult find a job in Costa Rica, because are a lot of people trying to find a job and very few jobs. Then its necesary speak minimun two lenguages and gradute to the university to make it easy. This situations depends of the job because some jobs aren't be saturated
Is money the only reason that people have a job?
The money is a motivation to have a job but isnt be the real reason to get a job because a lot of people love their job. And all the jobs are necesary to the actual society
I agree with you, I think here it's complicated to find work because of the great demand to work today.
DeleteMoney isn't everything, it shouldn't be the main reason to work.
I consider that an option to get a job is to travel, to another place or to another country. Especially if you manage to master the two languages you commented.
Deleteis money the only reason that people have jobs?
ReplyDeleteNo, because besides the money is to feel useful and contribute to society in some way.
Is it more fun to be a student than to have a Job?
I don't have much experience working so I wouldn't know, but right now I feel good studying.
I agree with you, money isnt the only reason that people have a job
DeleteWhat job would you hate to have? Why?
ReplyDeleteOne of the jobs I would hate to have is accounting. The reason is simple, I hate everything that has numbers.
Is money the only reason that people have jobs?
Obviously the money is one of the principal reasons but not the only one. Work is something that all people must have. Many times it is to support themselves or to support a family.
Hey Samir, I agree with you , I would hate accounting too.
DeleteIs better work outside or inside , Why ?
ReplyDeleteI think than is better work inside because you don't have only 4 walls so round you, you are free and you will feel better with yourself, breathing pure air.
Is money the only reason that the people have jobs ?
Actually depends of the person, some people the only thing that think when work is the salary , these people don't really enjoy their jobs, usually feel like they are unhappy, by the way there are people than enjoy their jobs , feel happy about the major than they studied and the reason why they work is for learn more and more