Let's watch this video!
In this Unit, we studied about
every day activities, events in the past among others. Write down an eight line
paragraph explaining the way your life changed since you started university.
Remember to comment on one
of your classmates´ entry and if your entry is commented, don´t forget to
answer back.

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteWhen I started the university, everything change. I fell how hard is to study and learn, but I really like it.
ReplyDeleteThe university is a good place, but I totally change the way that my life is going, I learn how to leave by my own way, with bad and good things.
Sometimes life alone it is hard than with the family. I life with my family, I doesn't feel how hard it is. But well I try to understand everyone in that cases.
Yes, it is painful to separate from the family. But it is part of a process in life.
DeleteThis year I had to come to live in Carthage alone, and although my brothers live nearby it is not the same as when living with parents.
And of course, the TEC has a higher level than other universities, therefore the study increases.
in many cases it's so scare leave you family, abandon your town and begin to live alone
DeleteMy life changed a lot since I started the University. First, I started to live alone, it was a huge change because I was used to be surrounded by all my family; my aunt, my cousin, my brother, my granda and my parents... And the University is not easy, you should study a lot and sometimes you don´t have enough time. I am happy studying my career and living my life, even though sometimes I miss my family.
ReplyDeleteMoving from living with your family to living alone is a very difficult change, I feel the same.
DeleteYes, I agree with you... Sometimes it's so hard.
DeleteWhen I started the University my life change, because I started to study everyday for understand the classes, and now I have less time with my family because I have homerwork everytime but I was meet a lot smart people, because in the TEC, their students are more intelligent and I feel a lot of happy for studing here.
ReplyDeleteIt's nice to study and it's great that you're are very happy. But please make some time for your family, I really mean it :)
DeleteYou're right Tamara, it's necessary make some time with family
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteMy life changed a lot after starting university, I started studying every day. I see my parents, my brother and my nephews and niece on weekends twice month, but sometimes I see them more, it depends on the work of the university. I started living alone since high school because I wanted to be in a better school, so coming to live in Cartago didn't affect me like most. Also, I live with my sister and she's my other mom, I miss my mother but she makes me feel at home. I'm happy to study and learn every day and the university is very good, so I feel good to be part of the TEC.
ReplyDeleteIt happened the same to me I can't visit my family all weekends due to the test and homeworks. I'm also glad to be studying in TEC.
DeleteIt´s difficult not to see the family often, but it´s a worthwhile effort
DeleteMaybe the most difficult thing abuot the university is leave our parents. But you are lucky having your sister with you.
ReplyDeleteThe moment I entered college, many things in my life changed. I felt very happy to study design and my parents were also happy for me. The university environment is different from that of the school; there are a greater number of people, with greater differences in tastes. In addition, teachers are also mostly different from those at school. Also, there is a difference of difficulty, because now I have to spend hours doing work and spend more time studying to get a good grade. I have not seen some of my friends at school since last year, and although I see others a bit often, it is not the same as when I saw them every day of the week. One of the things that affected me most when I came to TEC was to separate me from my parents. Miss them a lot.
ReplyDeleteYes I agree with you, I studied in a high school with few students and if felt the difference when entering the university due to the large number of students.
DeleteYes, the difference is notorious.
DeleteI am from a very distant place, when I started university, my life changed completely, I had to get away from my family and friends. This is a unique but very difficult experience, I have to study every day and I almost have no time for anything, the first days were very difficult and I had a hard time getting used to all this.
ReplyDeleteI`m from a very distant too, I had to live alone in Cartago, but
DeleteI have learned to adapt this new lifestyle
It's hard not to see your family for a long time, but little by little you get used to it.
DeleteHello, I also come from a remote place, and it has been difficult for me to adapt
DeleteYes Jorge, it's very difficult
DeleteThis year I started my career in the university. That changed my life. When I studied in the high school homeworks and test were not hard. I used more time to watch TV and rest. I felt the change from the college to university. The class hours are varied. When I was in high school I never went to class after 04:00pm and now I have some class in the evening. I take one or two buses to get to Tecnológico. I generally study and do homeworks and proyects after class for many hours. The study in TEC is difficult but great.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteSince I got into college my life change beacuse now I'm living with some friends and I have to make my own food, fewtimes it taste good but sometime it taste bad, also I had to change the way I study beacuase before I just studied the day before the test now I'm studying almost all the week at least 3 days,when I lived in San Ramon I played soccer almost all the weekends and I used to swim every day well just the on sundays i didn't now I just do it few time, also I have made some new friends.
ReplyDeleteI also had to change my study methods and try to be more organized or I would'nt be able to pass all my classes.
DeleteWell… since I started university I sleep a way less than I did in high school that’s for sure. Besides that everything has been nice. Moving to Cartago has been a exiting experience, it’s difficult at the start but you get used to it. The classes are interesting, I have learned a lot in the past months, but there’s one thing that I don’t like about this classes: Homework. I think this is the first time in my like I have had this much of homework at the same time.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteYes! I think that homework takes too much time and that is why we don't sleep very well.
DeleteAnd I always lived in Cartago, but from what I heard it's very difficult to leave your house. This semester, do you rent an apartment or do you have residence at the tec?
I rent an apartment with a friend. It must be nice to study near your home :)
DeleteI think the worse thing of university is the time that we have to sleep, you have reason
DeleteEver since I started classes at TEC, I've had a very pleasant experience. From the start, I had to move away from where I used to live. I moved from a very hot and humid place (Limón) to a place a bit colder (Cartago). Also the fact that I don't live with my family anymore has forever changed my life.
ReplyDeleteAt the time I started studying at the university, I noticed a big change in the time I had available. Before, I played handball, did more physical activity, and spent more time with my friends, but now I just study and work most of the time, so it also changed my sleep hours.
ReplyDeleteAnd in the future I want to work as an industrial maintenance engineer to have a house, many pets, travel and be independent
I agree with you, Nicole. I also practiced many sports, but when I started going to university it was a change in my life because now I could not practice this sports very often and I became a sedentary.
DeleteThat is one or the worst things of university, I had to stop doing a lot of things because of time, and now I can't spend time with my friends too.
DeleteSince I enter at the university I had experince a lot of changes, rigth now I´m trying to focus in geeting out of it, not because I don´t like it, but because I wasn´t the best student my firsts years of it so now I want to focus and do what I came to. I have lived in Cartago since I was 1 year old, I come to the institution in bike I like that i have this possibility, and so i don´t have to deal with traffic jam.
ReplyDeleteIt is so good you bike to college, you don´t have to deal with traffic jam but also you help the planet! Also I hope you accomplish your goals!
Delete
ReplyDeleteIt was the day-to-day test, the first test was to leave my family and my home also to all my friends, and change my perspective of life, now I was going to be a new person in a place where I didn't know everyone, and He was a university student and also had many
responsibilities, and after I started with a lot of jobs and started not to sleep.
when you start live alone you get a new responsibilities for example, clean your apartment, cook and pay bills.
DeleteMy life change a lot since I entered college 4 years ago. The first big change was living alone, which actually I really like but at first it was kind of difficult to get use to do everything by myself. For example the first time I got sick and had to deal with that alone was very very very difficult. I really like university, coming here and meeting a lot of new people from all over the country is one of the things I like the most because you can learn so much about them. In my personal opinion I love changes. I´ve lived in an apartment with 2 different persons in my time here, also I changed career once, I started studying ATI but now I study Industrial Design which I really love. I started involving a lot last year in the student movement and women rights. I think next year is going to be my last one here, even though I love university I also want to end and work so I can be independent and learn more in the outside. To end this, I would like to say that for me university was a good change in my life and I´m grateful for all the people I´ve met in the way.
ReplyDeleteThat's a super nice change Camila. To started to live alone is hard, but to like the changes could help you a lot. I think that's one of the ways that you become in a different person, and we need to understand that the live is constantly changing.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteMy life change in somes ways, the first thing that have losed is my purchasing power,because I worked as second Chef in a restaurant,with that money I went to Colombia for a time and I missed this feeling of independence.My friends gone in a different path than me so right now I rarely see them, we were close a lot of time, we went a lot of parties together and maked some problems too.Another thing that I losed is my free time and my personal stability and the the influential people I could meet,the university can be a little stressful.
ReplyDeleteFor me, the university was the biggest change in my life ever. Not only because it means like a kind of change from the "child's live" to the adult's one. In an academician way, the university changed everything for me, it always remind me that if I want an amazing future I really need to try harder every day, and that's the only way that some of my dreams can come true. Also, the idea to change the time I used to share with my friends and even let to see them for long time means another big change.
ReplyDeleteI agree, the fact of studying at the university implies many changes and sometimes these changes are necessary.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteYes,those changes can be necessary and we must learn to accept them.
DeleteWell, before entering university, I did not drink or smoke, besides, I acquired certain diseases, such as hypertension, before I did not go to parties, before I lived with my parents, I stopped going to church, I also noticed that I no longer had as long as before, now I usually stay in the residences, and I don't speak with my other friends. I think my life has declined a bit and I didn't notice that before, I didn't get bored before, I lived happily and I didn't care so much
ReplyDeleteJorge, try to look for the nice part of this period of time. You should visualize the future and the things you are going to accomplish.
DeleteSince I started college, many things have changed even though this is my second semester. I am from Cartago so I admit that is a great privilige that I have, but every other aspect of my life have changed. This year I started the first semester studying Buisness Administration but I realized that it wasn't what I really like so I started the process to change to another career. Although now I am happy in my currently career, it is more difficult to make friends in most of the classes because a lot of the people know each other from the last semester. Another thing that has changed it's the amount of stress that I'm handling. I also had to adjust to the enviorement here since it is really really different from the school enviroment. Now I don't speak to my friends as I used to do, and that's probably one of the saddest changes i've noticed. For now i think these are the main changes in my life since i entered college, but i am pretty sure there are going to be more.
ReplyDeleteWhen I started the university, everything in my life change, I start to live alone and learn to cook.
ReplyDeleteThe TEC it’s a good place, in the TEC I met my best friends, girlfriend and learn about many things chemical, physics, mechanics. It’s so hard but I feel so happy for this.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteMy hole life changed when I started the university, the first thing that changed was that I used to live in a mountain so everything was far from my house so I had to use the car for even going to the grocery store, and here I can walk everywhere and don't need the car for anything. Anoher thing that changed was my daily routine, I used to do exercise every day and maditate twice a day, but now I don't have the time to do all that, so I do exercise twice a week (or once) and only meditate once a day or even somedays I don't. Now I live alone, that also changed when I started the university, because I used to live with my family, but I like it better this way because now I have my own privacy and my relationship with my family improved a lot now that I don't see them every day.
ReplyDeletesince i started to study at the university i felt a big change. I was acostumbrate to a minor academic level because in high school there was to much free time, so i always was relax from monday to friday and if i has homework i did it on weekends. In high school i used to study the night before the exam day and i also get a good grade, now, here in tec, i can’t do that if i want to aprovade everything so i have to studie all days of the week. And something that changed a lot are the schedules, now every six months I have a new schedule
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteSince I started studying here have changed many things, from the way of thinking to the way of life, Currently I live with a cousin in an apartment, I had to adapt to live without my family nearby and to take care of all my things.
ReplyDeleteIt's been a good change but complicated too.
I'm proud to be here and I hope to take advantage of it
It's wonderful than you feel proud of yourself!!
DeleteWhen I started the university all my life change. First I started to live alone and I needed to learn cook and wash my clothe because i never do that before. Also the change from high school to the university was very hard because some courses were difficult to me. But know I love live alone and do all the things I want.
ReplyDeleteSwitching from school to college is difficult, but I'm sure it's worth the effort in the future.
DeleteThat transition has a lot of responsibility, but it also brings new things.
DeleteMy life changed a lot when it came to entering university. Mainly with the theme of friends since I spent more than ten years meeting the same people in the same school. Finally I could study something that I liked. I could also do many new things like sports. But there are also many more responsibilities now, I think it is a stage of growth where many of us learn new things. And where many new friendships are born.
ReplyDeleteWell, my entire life change a lot since I started the university. First of all, I move to live in Cartago alone, was a new whole experience. I made new friends, they are from places around all the country. I started to do everything by myself , clean , cook, wash and i felt all the pressure in my shoulder doing all by my own. The people, the classes, the teachers, everything were different. I wasn't ready for this.
ReplyDelete